I'm a Mormon.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Williams Wild Weekend


I was sitting at my computer on Thurs. talking to Stacey, when she told me her husband had booked her a trip to Utah for the weekend and she was nervous to go by herself. I suggested she have her husband ask my husband if I could go to. The next thing you know I am booked and have less than 24 hours to prepare and clean and cover church responsibilities. I was exhausted by the time we boarded the plane Friday at noon. We encountered major traffic on the freeway, but finally managed to locate a Taco Time, one of our favorite places that they don't have in Colorado. It was dusk by the time we enjoyed our Lunch/dinner.

This is the view from our best western in Lehi- central to shopping and friends.

The fruits of aforementioned shopping. Rod works just down the street, and Tai pan another home decor store were our downfall. Lets just say most of those bags are mine!


We headed to Provo for a tour of our old stomping grounds BYU. We haven't been back to campus since graduating oh so long ago. The Y on the mountain was covered in snow so we had to settle for this tiny Y.

Of course you can't go to Provo and not eat at the Brick Oven! We enjoyed yummy pizza and breadsticks.
In our whirlwind packing we forgot church clothes and so decided to enjoy a chick flick. We found a cool theatre where you get to reserve your seat on the computer when purchasing your ticket. It was a fun movie.
After killing some time in the mall we headed for the airport back to our small plane and once again endured extra security screening because our tickets were purchased last minute. We were toting fragile heavy pottery and precious topiary cargo. Thanks wonderful husbands for letting us have a girls weekend!





3 comments:

swtelford said...

It was a BLAST!! You will be happy to know that the topiary traveled well and is on proud display. I say...annual trip!

angela said...

How fun! Next time give me a heads up so I can meet you and Stacey somewhere.

amysue said...

fun times, I liked the 80's new years eve idea, I would have loved to dress up for that one. Way too many options!!!!