Thursday, May 14, 2009
Empty nest
I knew this day was coming. Our little birdies are huge. They have learned to fly. This is the reluctant bird who stayed behind an extra day. All of his siblings left and he was all alone. Today he was gone too. They are still close by chirping and flying around. It has been fun watching them from egg stage to flying. The cat has enjoyed them also! No he did not eat any of them. He just camped out by the front door.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The cat enjoyed them, as in YUM, YUM???
Fun, we have a nest in our rain gutter, we can see it from the upstairs gameroom. They come back every year and nest there. How are you?
Didn't I tell you we got the same thing in our fake tree by our door. Well our ending wasn't as nice as yours. A neighbor boy touched and dropped one of the five eggs. I was surprised to see the mom bird came back, then the next day the whole nest was dumped on our porch. Travis thinks she rejected them. Sad.
Post a Comment